#MonthlyFeast – November
Better health REQUIRES more MOVE and better FUEL (among other things).
This post includes the video/conversation and the slides that opened the November #MonthlyFeast – a conversation about nutrition among physical therapists who have begun incorporating nutritional concepts into their practice.
Video presentation (captured live) can be viewed below or on my YouTube channel here:
Links and references:
- Healthy Heart Score Survey – Harvard
- Publication related to Healthy Heart Score (Chiuve et al.)
- SCORE Risk Charts – European Society of Cardiology
- Six Question “Quick Screen” for CVD (van der Hoeven et al.)
- AHA Most Impactful Pubs 2014 (Council on Lifestyle)
- Heart Age and Disparities and related Errata (CDC MMWR 9/4/15)
- Medicine’s burning question (New Yorker on Inflammation)
- Nutritional Update for Physicians (Kaiser Permanente 2013)
- Kaiser Plant Based Diet for Consumers (Kaiser Permanente 2013)
Recipe of the Month:
Thai Noodle Soup from @FuelGood (click image to enlarge)